Danish Courses 2023
Are you ready to start your Danish lessons or are you motivated to continue improving your Danish skills? We've made a comprehensive overview of the courses for Aarhus University’s international staff and accompanying partners.
If you are looking to learn Danish, here is a comprehensive overview of the courses for Aarhus University’s international staff and accompanying partners. Before you register for any of the following classes, we recommend you look at the general information about Danish language education.
Why do I need to take Danish courses?
The International Staff Office strongly recommends staff at AU and other accompanying family members to take language courses as part of their stay in Denmark. And yes, we know Danes do have a really good English level, that vowel sounds are hard to pronounce, and that the numeric system seems a bit odd. But trust us when we say that this new skill will make your days in Denmark much more enjoyable. You will get to know more about the culture, meet new people and make your interactions in your everyday occur with ease.
International staff and accompanying partners/spouses at Aarhus University can receive free tuition in Danish in cooperation with CLAVIS.
We start classes at the university continuously when we have enough participants. You can also always join a class at the CLAVIS language school. The tuition will take place as classroom tuition, online or as blended learning.
- Teaching takes place twice a week for example Tuesday and Thursday
- From 16.30 to 18.30 or when it suits your time schedule – day, evening, or Saturday
- Either on campus, online or at CLAVIS in Aarhus
You will get
- Flexible classes: Online, in class or blended.
- Fast progression
- Highly qualified teachers
- 24/7 online access
The tuition is specifically targeted the employees and accompanying partners/spouses and will be an addition to the life at campus and in Denmark as well as an opportunity to meet and network with international colleagues from across campus.
We also have a "Taldansk Café" with volunteers that will help you practice Danish outside classes.
Furthermore, Aarhus Municipality visits CLAVIS to help our students understand NemID/MitID and other digital communication platforms.
Read more about our Danish Education for employees and spouses at Aarhus University on CLAVIS for international employees
Looking forward to seeing you😊
A2B Aarhus has been teaching Danish courses at Aarhus University since 2018. We offer small-sized classes and have dedicated teachers to give you a great learning experience. The classes we offer are located at the AU campus.
A2B offers continuous enrolment and classes start each month on multiple levels.
- Find our upcoming classes at Aarhus University and sign up here: Danish classes at AU
- Prepare for Prøve i dansk 3. Join a module 5 class every January or August.
New beginner classes:
- Intensive Module 1: June 19th-June 30th. Monday-Friday 9.00-13.00.
- Intensive Module 1: August 14th – August 25th. Monday-Friday 9.00-13.00.
- Module 1: August 21st. Tuesdays and Thursdays 16.10-18.00
- Module 1: September 12th. Mondays in person 15.00-17.00 and Wednesdays online 9.00-10.30
New intensive module 2 classes:
- Intensive Module 2: June 19th-June 30th. Monday-Friday 9.00-13.00.
- Intensive Module 2: August 14th – August 25th. Monday-Friday 9.00-13.00.
New module 5 classes that will prepare you for the next PD3 exam. New classes every August and January.
- PD3 hold 1: August 7th. Mondays in person 16.00-18.15 and Thursdays online 16.00-17.30
- PD3 hold 2: August 8th. Tuesdays online 08.30-10.00 and Thursdays in person kl. 15.15-17.45
- PD3 hold 3: August 8th. Mondays in person 17.15-19.30 and Thursdays online 17:45-19:15
- PD3 hold 4: August 7th. Mondays 16.30-18.30 and Wednesdays 16.30-18.00
Module 2-4: Weekly admissions. Contact us for further information.
A2B Pre-arrival portal
Gear up for your new life in Denmark and kickstart your skills with our self-study Danish language and culture lessons. Future AU international staff and accompanying spouses can access the portal for 1 month free of charge.
Visit the A2B Pre-arrival portal
We are always ready to answer your questions.
Find further information at the A2B website or send a direct email
Sprogcenter Midt is specialized in teaching highly trained professionals at universities and in companies. The language school has developed blended courses particularly to meet your need for flexibility, efficiency and a social appreciative learning environment. Teaching is once a week in the afternoon at the AU campus.
The next courses at Aarhus University will start in September 2023. Until then you can start your learning online with the KICKSTART course or the Danish online course.
Read more about courses for AU staff and accompanying spouses
KICKSTART your language learning
Learn Danish for the first dialogues and get indispensable knowledge on Danish culture and values with the Sprogcenter Midt online course KICKSTART. The course will give you what you need to understand Denmark as a country and the ways of the Danes. Furthermore, you also get tips from other internationals on how to make yourself a good life in Denmark. Read more about the Sprogcenter Midt online course KICKSTART
Danish online is for you, who travels often or are unable to join the courses at the AU Campus. With Danish online, you meet weekly with your teacher and fellow learners in a virtual classroom. During the week you work independently with your new vocabulary, exercises, instructions and assignments, which you download and upload on a digital learning platform.
Read more and sign up for Danish online
Intensive Danish courses at FOF
The FOF Danish language courses are an alternative to the formal (and free) Danish classes. FOF offer a range of Danish courses at all levels at a cost. If you have lost your right to free Danish Education or are looking for an alternative to the formal Danish Education, these courses are relevant for you.
Courses in the spring
- Danish for Beginners 1 (A1) – Intensive Course starts 8 May 2023 (Price: DKK 1.155)
- Danish for Beginners 2 (A1) – Intensive Course starts 19 June (Price: DKK 990)
FOF also offers a wide range of courses and activities conducted in English (international language programme, cooking, health and fitness, music and singing, arts and crafts) at a cost.
Read more about FOF Danish classes